I can easily recall how motivated and focussed I was during last summer's residency in Alberta so I thought I would see if I could reproduce that - and in fact make it a habit. And, what better place to develop good habits than in your own studio!
Here are the "terms" we decided on:
March 1- April 15
- Make a finished piece of art weekly
- Explore 1 new medium
- Produce 1-2 “showable” pieces by end of term
- Teach the others something new (or help them learn – ex links )
- Complete at least 1 series
- Diary daily on experience
- Make a plan for future learning/art experiences
- Produce work for sale
- Identify places to submit art for shows etc.
- Produce work for upcoming shows – AAS, Iceolation, HWSDA
- Create a joint project
- 6 felt art purses
- 6 ceramic pieces
- 6 silk art works
- Items for the following shows
- Create a master plan for shows
- Create a plan and timeline for hard/soft body of work and start on 2 pieces
- Create marketing/promotional plan and pieces
- Create residency plan
- Figure out how to link/use blogs/twitter/facebook better
- Finish 6 “left over” projects.
- Attend all arts mentoring/crit training sessions
So what do you think? Doable? We'll see - I am up for the challenge! I will be posting progress updates daily on my studio blog....and posting completed pieces here - stay tuned.